Intern-Respiratory II - JO Nursing Student Program NEA Baptist Jonesboro
Jackson, MS, USA · Jonesboro, AR, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2022
Provides technical assistance under the direction of the Registered Respiratory Therapist for a defined group of patients to achieve quality patient outcomes. Provides service functions and communication to staff, patients, and guests.
- Supports administration of EKGs as directed
- Supports administration of EEGs as directed
- Processes respiratory equipment under the direction of a licensed respiratory therapist
- Provides clinical support assistance under the direction of a licensed respiratory therapist
- Assists with respiratory therapy orientation for patients under the direction of a licensed respiratory therapist
- Assists and provides clinician support with pulmonary function testing under the direction of a licensed respiratory therapist
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Minimum: Proof the candidate is currently enrolled as a full time student in a COARC approved respiratory therapy program and within 6 months of projected graduation date, (graduation date means successful completion of all academic requirements).
Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: The candidate will have three (3) months after graduation to pass National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) exam, and obtain licensing (LRCP) form the Arkansas State Medical Board. If candidate fails or is unable to archive any of the above requirements, they will be removed from the internship position and the position will reopen.
Minimum: Desirable that the candidate be available 24 to 60 hours per each 2-week pay period on any current standard department shift (AM, PM, weekends, and/or holidays). However, the candidate current education hours to be considered.
Minimum: Letter of Recommendation from current program director
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17029 - Intern-Respiratory II
Facility: BMH-NEA Hospital
Department: JO Nursing Student Program NEA Baptist Jonesboro
Category: Respiratory Care Services
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas metro area